You might have read and heard a million times that plants are responsible for providing oxygen and purifying the air by removing carbon dioxide. Plants are not just good for the environment, but they also help in keeping you calm, refreshing your mind, and making your place visually appealing.
You can go to your nearby nursery to buy plants or even shop online for plants to get more variety. There are millions of plants you can discover in online nurseries that you must not have heard about. This article will share information about some indoor plants and the benefits that you will get by planting them. It will cover:
- Benefits of indoor plants
- Top 5 indoor plants
- Tips to take care of plants
- How to decorate your plants
What Are the Health Benefits of Indoor Plants?
People enjoy being surrounded by plants because it adds to the beauty of their surroundings, but there are a lot more factors associated with it. The top 4 benefits that you get from indoor plants are:
- It helps in increasing your concentration level by 15%. Being surrounded by natural plants increases your attention and alertness. You will remember things better and perform your task effectively if you place a small leafy plant on your work desk at home or in the office.
- Plants can help people dealing with mental illness, stress, trauma, anxiety, and depression. They fill you with positive energy that enables you to think in the right direction.
- Some plants can improve indoor air quality as they reduce airborne volatile organic compounds present in the air.
- Patients who have gone through surgery or have been dealing will illness recover faster if they surround themselves with greenery. According to research conducted in 2002, patients who spend more time with plants had a shorter stay in the hospitals and recovered faster from their ailments compared to those who didn’t.
What Are the Top 5 Indoor Plants?
If you want to purchase an indoor plant, you should select any of the following for maximum effect.
- Ficus tree
- Bamboo palms
- Dwarf date
- Spider plant
- Rubber tree
What Should You Do to Look After Your Plants?
Just as humans need water, air, sunlight, and nutrition, plants also need regular attention and care. You must follow these instructions to maintain your indoor plants.
- Keep the plants in sunlight or have an artificial light focusing on them for at least some time during the day.
- Water them regularly to maintain the moisture level in the soil.
- Add fertilizers from time to time to provide adequate nutrition.
- Prune your plants to maintain their quality and life.
How Can You Decorate Your Plants to Add Extra Beauty to Your Plant Sanctuary?
One of the most inexpensive ways to decorate your house is using plants. You can buy planters from an online store and pick a plant of your choice to decorate your home. But first, you must know which plant needs a warm temperature and which needs cooler weather. Placing your plants in the home after considering their needs is essential. So, you must pick suitable planters that you can hang or put on your window sills.
If you are a beginner, you can start adding easy-to-maintain plants such as cactus or bamboo palms. You can shop online for plants to get multiple varieties and to choose and pick as per your choice. So, bring some positivity and energy to your life today itself!