Do you know what is an ad group? Well, It’s one of the most important elements of pay-per-click marketing that helps you generate more leads, that too on budget. Technically, it’s a single set of ad options, that run against a different set of keywords in the Google Ads.
They help you keep your Google Ads account organized and updated. Each ad group features keywords, text ads and landing pages on which you want your users to reach after clicking the ad. Also, it is important that your ad should have a structure to make it functional, effective and optimized. Think of groups as setting up the initial set-up and allowing it for the ongoing maintenance of the ad.
Why Ad Groups Are Important:
Since ad groups are the part of your PPC campaign, do you want to know what are the steps of seo optimization for beginner :
Search engine often looks at ads groups to determine which keywords will show response and how will your ad behave when these keywords run. They will also determine the location where the visitors are taken when they will click on the ad.
However, you will have to decide:
- Who do you want to advertise
- How to get visitors attention
- How to plot the final pitch before settling the ad
4 Components Of Effective Google Ads Account Structure:
Unless you have a very big account to maintain, you only have to look a few ad campaigns to define the broader theme. Each campaign contains an ad group, with specific keywords that will connect to your text ads as well as to the landing page. So, decide campaign topics based on your marketing budget as well as the campaign level.
Keywords help in controlling the way your ad is triggered; the reason it makes one of the most crucial components of the campaign. When someone types something in the search engine, that particular search is called a search query.
This search query is then matched with the keyword of your ad and then trigger it to run. Since every keyword has a Max CPC match type and quality score attached to it, conduct thorough research, pick the most relevant ones, refine them and then optimize your keyword strategy.
Ad group is created under each campaign to create a more specific ad. while there’s no specific number of ad groups you would need under the campaign, make sure not to go overboard as it will only hamper your budget. Ad groups with keywords not more than 10-20 are generally preferred; these keywords will help your ad get triggered at least 2-3 times per ad group. Here’s how you can create a group:
- Integration: Create a system on which you are constantly creating keyword groups, ad texts and landing pages that are integrated.
- Consistency: To bring consistency in the ad, make sure your ad text and landing pages interact directly to the searcher that users are looking at your site.
Ad text is the text that you will see when your ad is triggered. Make sure that each ad group should have at least 2-3 ads per group that are directed to the same landing page. Follow Google AdWords guidelines to get your ads to approve.
Moreover, it will test your ads over time and highlight the benefits of offerings to stand with your competition in the search results.
To start with the ad creation, keep in mind:
- Character limit of the ad: While Google will automatically alert you about the character limit, an ad headline should have 30 characters and one 80 character description line.
- Relevancy: Your ad text should reflect the landing page’s text on which the ad is directed to. Let’s say: you are bidding on a general keyword like track pants with your ad showing women track pants, then male searchers will not click the ad. So, clearly, display your targeted keywords within the headline and to the description line of your ad text.
Lastly, don’t stick to the tips; instead, repeat it periodically and keep your website updated!