Our team at Bekey specializes in software development, and we know how it is important to choose the right programming languages and toolkits to ensure the best quality and to save time. Flutter is a great kit for creating lightweight, powerful and beautiful apps. If you wish to find out more about it, as well as about its pros and cons, just keep reading this article.
It is an open-source UI design toolkit developed by Google. It is used for building applications for Android and iOS users. While it was officially launched about a year ago, its beta version appeared in 2015. Since then, it has been quickly adopted by many developers, and its popularity keeps increasing day by day. Now, let’s find out about its pros and cons. One of the best examples of Flutter-based apps is Alibaba’s Xianyu app, which is now used by more than 50 million people.
Pros and Cons
If you are still not sure whether you need your mobile app to be developed with Flutter, just read about its advantages and disadvantages.
Bekey’s Flutter development team believe that the following are the main advantages of Flutter:
- A single codebase. You need to write codes only once. There is no need to make any UI adjustments for iOS or Android;
- A hot-reload feature. It is just amazing! The feature instantly allows seeing any changes we make in codes. It is very convenient as you can do your job much quicker and more accurately;
- Dart, another great product from Google, is used for writing codes. It is a very efficient programming language;
- Native features. With Flutter, you can use a range of native features and software development kits for iOS and Android;
- Accurate designs. One of the most unpleasant problems for developers using other kits is the design not fully matching their clients’ expectations. Flutter makes all your wishes come true in terms of the app’s looks;
- Quick development resulting from the features mentioned above, such as the single codebase and the hot-reload feature.
So far, you might find only two things that you could call “drawbacks”:
- Flutter is only suitable for mobile app developments and not supported by internet browsers;
- Since the Flutter framework is relatively new, its library is a bit limited. However, its community is quickly growing.
All in all, we at Bekey just love Flutter! It is a fantastic kit (a big thanks to Google) that makes app development a breeze.