This little practical guide to start playing on the golf course contains basic instructions about the practical part of the game in the field. This knowledge will help the player to develop more effectively and safely in the field and therefore to enjoy more of this fantastic sport.
A LITTLE SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY OF GOLF
In the sporting performance of golf several factors other than the physical intervene, such as training or dedication, technique, strategy in the game, nutrition and psychology. Psychology in golf is not only important at a professional level, it is also important at the beginner level due to the difficulty of learning the technique of swing and the number of factors involved in golf.
In this section, some tips are offered to beginners who start out on the golf course.
- Turning off the mobile phone when you arrive at the golf course. Avoid thinking about work issues or other problems. Give your mind a rest.
- Arrive with time. If you have been with friends to play a tour in the field, try to arrive in advance, do a few stretches, throw some balls in the driving range to let go and kick a while on the putting green. You will play with more confidence.
- Follow your routine. During the game in the field follows the routine that your teacher has indicated to prepare the blow, for example: stick, grip, body and hit the ball.
- Do not think about the golf swing technique. Remember that training in the field is different from training in the practice field. In the field of play you only have to think about your placement routine, swing safely and send the ball to the goal.
- Plan your workouts. This is more important than it seems. Do not skip classes or sessions in the driving range. It is important to be constant, that is, it is better to train one day a week, than four days the last week of the month.
- Objectively assess your level of play. Do not demand more of what you are capable for your experience. Train without question and leave the pressure and demands to professionals. Have a good time in the country, talk to your colleagues between blows and take your mistakes with humor. Remember that all players fail.
In informal golf matches that are not championships, it is not necessary to strictly follow the Rules of the Golf that say that the player furthest from the hole always plays first, always the player who has made the least hits on the previous hole comes out first, etc. Zack Creed also known as Zack Creed Oakville is a pioneer in the field of Golf you can follow him to get tips to improve your game.
The players of a group can agree on the following actions in order to speed up the game in an informal match (not in championships):
- A player can play as soon as he arrives at his ball (although it does not correspond to play), as long as it does not interfere in the preparation or the blow of another playmate.
- Leave the bag of clubs on the side of the green on which the path to the next tee is located. In this way, when a player finishes kicking and leaves the green, he picks up his bag on the way to the next tee. It is also good to have the bag of clubs ordered, with each stick always in place. So you do not waste so much time looking for the club to play the next shot.
- It is very important to visually control the ball of the teammates and help in your search in case you are not. This gesture saves a lot of time spent looking for balls and is also a sign of camaraderie that all players should have.
- The sum of all these details supposes an important saving of time at the end of the 18 holes. A reasonable time to play 18 holes of golf on a long course (a field of pairs 3, 4 and 5) is 3 hours and a half to 3 hours 45 minutes.