Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) is a state level common entrance exam conducted for admissions into Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, Homeopathy etc. courses offered by colleges in the state of Odisha.
- The exam is conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) each year in offline mode to admit candidates in various professional UG and PG courses.
- OJEEB conducts OJEE exam usually in the month of May. OJEE 2018 is also scheduled to take place in the month of May 2018.
- Application forms are made available on the official website in the month of February each year.
- Candidates who are willing to take the OJEE exam would have to make an application by visiting the official website.
- Admit cards would be issued for candidates whose application and candidature for the examination would be accepted by the OJEEB (subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria’s).
- Admit cards would be made available in the month of April 2018 on the official website and the candidates are expected to download them within the stipulated time.
- Candidates taking OJEE exam would have to face multiple choice questions from various subjects based on the UG/PG course for which they have applied through OJEE.
- The question paper would be issued in both English and Hindi.
- The exams would be held in 3 shifts that are morning, afternoon, and evening.
- Four marks would be awarded for a correct answer while one mark would be deducted for a wrong one.
- After the completion of OJEE written exam, a separate merit list of qualified candidates would be prepared for each UG/PG course.
- Counselling cum admission process would be done on the basis of these merit lists only.
- Candidates qualifying the written exam would be issued call letter for the purpose of counselling.
List of exam centers
Candidates appearing for OJEE 2018 would be allowed the choice to make a preference for the examination center (during the time of registration/application).
Candidates would have to make three preferences for exam center out of a total of thirty choices put forward by the exam conducting authority. Candidates are advised to make choices in accordance to the proximity of traveling to that particular exam center location from their permanent location on the exam day.
The availability of the choice would rest with conducting authority and would be decided on first come first serve basis.
Candidates can choose any three exam centers from the list given below.
|Exam Center||Code||Exam Center||Code|
Documents Required on Exam Day
Candidates appearing for OJEE 2018 exam would be required to carry certain documents along with them to the exam venue. The first and foremost is the Admit card (downloaded from official website). The second important document that candidates are required to carry along with them is a valid photo ID proof.
Failing to carry these documents candidates would not be allowed to enter the exam hall and take the exam. Following documents are accepted as valid photo ID
- Driving License
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- School/College photo Id
- PAN Card
- Admit card issued by the respective board for the board exam.
Apart from the above-mentioned documents candidates are advised to take two passport size photographs similar to the one uploaded at the time of making the application along with them.
There are certain important instructions issued by exam conducting authorities which the candidates are required to adhere to. These important instructions are provided on a separate page attached to the admit card or on the back side of the OJEE 2018 Admit Card (downloaded from the website).
For your reference, we have mentioned those guidelines here as well.
- OMR sheets are to be bubbled with black ball point pen only.
- Candidates are expected to appear for their respective exam as per the date, time, and venue mentioned in the admit cards.
- No, change of center request would be accepted irrespective of the reason provided.
- Candidates must bring two passport size colored photograph along with admit card and original photo ID proof.
- No electronic device such as mobile, calculator or other wireless equipment is allowed in the exam premises.
- Candidates should bring their own stationery like pen/pencil, eraser etc. for the exam.
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam venue 35 to 40 minutes before the scheduled time for commencement of the exam.
- Candidates would not be allowed to leave the exam hall before the completion of the exam time.
- Parents and guardians are not allowed to enter the exam hall/venue.
How to Download Admit Card?
OJEE exam admit cards would be made available in online mode on the official website of OJEEB. Candidates would be required to download the admit cards within a stipulated time window. At the end of the stipulated time window, the link to download the admit card would be disabled and candidates would not be able to download the same. Admit Card must be taken to the exam hall for verification. It can be downloaded from the official site using login credentials.
Discrepancy in Admit Card (if any)
If OJEE 2018 admit card (downloaded from official website) carries any discrepancy in it then the candidate should immediately contact the OJEEB office through the various communication channels provided on the website (e-mail, toll-free number, nearest candidate center, candidate helpline etc.).
The discrepancy (if any) would not be rectified after the exam is over. For your reference, we have tabled the contact details of OJEEB below.
|Helpline Number||0674- 6552455/56/57/58|
|Chief controller office location||Bhubaneswar|
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Cell,
DIST- Khordha, Bhubaneswar- 751030