Opening your own online beauty eCommerce store like is very easy, it can literally take up just a few hours or one day to set up a running online store. With reliable suppliers like Asian Beauty Wholesale, you would only need a small capital, marketing skills, and a platform.
Here are useful tips you’ll want to know on starting your own beauty eCommerce empire:
- Do your market research. Doing market research is a crucial step for every aspiring entrepreneur. Market research is important because it helps you identify marketable trends, the current business climate, demographics, and competitor behavior so you can effectively plan your business strategy before launching. It is generally not recommended to rush launching a business without proper background research. Here are the top online tools you can use for doing market research:
- TrendHunter. TrendHunter showcases various existing and upcoming trends across different niches, such as technology, fashion, culture, among others. It is great for reviewing various trends with well-explained lists and articles. TrendHunter is great for comparing trends with in-depth analysis.
- Google Trends. Google Trends is a very useful tool for providing trend statistics seen via charts over a specified time period. Google Trends is useful for determining market and trend cycles, and help you strategize your business or product launching schedules during the best periods possible.
- Social media. Social media is an interesting way of gathering information. In fact, it’s safe to say that most people nowadays get their news and perform communication via social media channels. Thus, social media is a very valuable gold mine of trend patterns and consumer behavior that can be incredibly helpful for your business. You just need to have enough critical thinking skills to filter only valuable information, as social media can be a digital sea littered with all sorts of information, good or bad.
- Build your online store. After conducting your market research, it’s now time to put some site-building skills to work and set up your online store. Here are some of the basic steps in opening your own online store.
- Choose a web hosting service. A hosting company is where you’ll be storing bulk amounts of back-end and storage data like traffic, emails, backups, and bandwidth. Thus, the first thing you need to accomplish before opening your online store is choosing a web hosting plan that suits your business needs. Newbie entrepreneurs may opt for cheaper basic plans, but keep in mind that you may want to expand and increase your hosting privileges, so choose a web hosting company that makes it easy for you to upgrade to premium and more expensive hosting plans. Uptime guarantees are also important because you don’t want your business to inadvertently go offline (and lose sales) because your web hosting company has frequent uptime maintenance issues.
- Purchase a domain name. Next, you’ll have to purchase a domain name after securing a web hosting platform. A domain name is your address on the Internet that will help people find your business when they search for products on search engines. All you need to do is go to a domain registrar, especially the ones verified by The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) for added security.
Create a domain name that reflects your business yet is easy to remember. Don’t go for very long domain names or add non-alphanumerical symbols. Also, opt for top-level domains (TLD) like ending your web address with .com, .org, or .net. While it’s okay to use quirky domain endings like .beauty or .soap, most people are used to top-level domains because it sounds more professional.
- Install your chosen eCommerce platform. Next on your list is building your actual online store. To do so, you must install an eCommerce platform that allows you to set up web pages, choose store themes and designs, upload pictures, and link payment options into your online store. Choose an eCommerce platform that is easy to set up and offers a wide range of functionalities and business options so you can seamlessly manage all your business needs in one unified platform.
- Launching your online store. Now that’s you’ve set up your own online store, it’s time to make its existence known and launch it with a bang! Here are some valuable tips for launching your online store.
- Marketing strategies. Generate attention in the online world by designing a fabulous marketing strategy that will make your newly-minted company stand out from its competitors. Many start-up beauty companies invest in multi-level advertising to increase brand visibility and also enlist the help of beauty influencers to make a splash into online beauty communities and niches.
- Generating traffic. Generating continuous traffic is an important goal for any online entrepreneur post-launching. Many start-up companies die because they cannot sustain enough traffic after a good launch. In order to create sustainable traffic, you must focus on creating content and business strategies to retain customers and build your business further from there.
Building a successful long-term online beauty business takes time and experience. Starting your own beauty eCommerce empire may sound daunting at first, but it’s perfectly possible given the right knowledge, strategies, and mindset.