When you have a car accident there are a couple of things you should do to ensure you are secured. Initially, stop the car if you get into an accident, this is your legal duty. Regardless of whether you don’t think there was any harm, whenever you slam into something, you have to stop your car. Secondly, do not ever admit that the accident was your fault. If you expect the insurance agency to deal with your case, let them do the talking. If you live in Chicago, immediately contact a car accident attorney in Chicago. Mentioned below are some of the things you should do if you get into an accident.
- Check to see if anyone is hurt. It is your legal and moral duty to make sure that nobody is hurt and if they are, get them medical treatment as soon as possible. If someone is hurt, call the ambulance immediately.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not a major one, a legal report of the accident should be present. With the legal report, you can file for the insurance claim – mostly for the vehicle but also for any medical injuries you get.
- Try not to talk to anyone. Anything you do or say can be used against you so, it is better to be quiet. It is important to get names, addresses, and telephone numbers of everybody involved in the accident. A description of the vehicle can likewise be useful; however, you should get their insurance agency and the vehicle ID proof of their vehicle. It would be better if you take pictures of everything.
- Call your lawyer (if you have one). Your lawyer can ensure your privileges and ensure that the proof is safe. Insurance agencies need to take statements following an accident. It is significant that you get lawful guidance before giving such an announcement. Your lawyer can consult you on issues extending from how to ensure you completely compensate your vehicle to how to ensure you are getting the best clinical treatment accessible.
- Call your insurance agency’s crisis claims number right away. On the off chance that you can call them from the scene of the accident, it might considerably be more suitable. Now and again a cop can give your insurance agency more accurate data than you can at the time since you are worried about the accident.
One of the most important things to remember is that your job in an accident is to gather the facts and not engage in any conversation. On the off chance that the other party attempts to get you to take the blame or proposes you handle things without insurance, ignore them. You have to get the data beneficial to report the accident, because in numerous states you have a legal commitment to report an accident. Keep in mind at the scene of an accident that you don’t have a clue about the individual you are facing, you don’t have the slightest idea what sort of insurance they have or any of the subtleties, so focus on what’s relevant to defend yourself and ensure you get compensated.