Although Golf is the most common game that does not responsible for a heart-pumping, still the game needs more athleticism. But, there are numerous kinds of swings that amateur golfers face. Some of them are an early extension, loss of posture, scooping, & early release. Thus, there are five simple exercises that you have to do on regular basis to prevent yourself from causing all such kinds of swings, helping you to feel better, and also gaining the better score level.
Supine Spinal Twists:
These are the most common types of twists that golf players have to generally opt is Supine Spinal Twists. It’s an effectual way to enhance the actual core strength of golf players.
- Lie down of your back and keep your feet upward at 90-degree angle, so that, your calves are parallel to the ground.
- Now, extend your arms with palms towards the floor.
- After that, lower your legs towards your body side in slow motion.
- Keep yourself in that particular position for 30 minutes (at least). And, do the same activity in the opposite direction, as well.
Standing to Woodchop:
It is also one of the best exercises for golf lovers. With the regular performance of this exercise, the golf players get the proper movement of their back, shoulders, and hips.
- Place the resistance band/cable system/free weight/medicine ball under the left feet.
- Bend your knees slightly and pull the apparatus to the right overhead in such a way that you swing the axe.
- Continue 8-10 repetition of this exercise and then get 30 minutes rest.
- Change the position or side & again repeat the same.
Glute Activation Lunges:
This exercise helps to boost the mobility of the hips and this result in better strength & powerful swings.
- Keep your feet mutually and take hands on your hips. After this, take a step forward.
- Now, bend your front leg towards 90 degrees in such a way that your thigh is just parallel to the floor.
- And, the back leg will stay straight and strong.
- Now, step back in a standing position
- Repeat this same task 8-10 times with both legs and must take rest in between.
This exercise includes the twisting of your lower body which helps to get the proper stretching of your tendons & muscles (especially lower back & hips).
- Lie on the ground, in such a way that your face up on the ground. And, your knees are bend, arms to your side, heels on the ground, and your feet are wider than your shoulder width.
- Now, twist the leg which is bent in left until it reaches to the ground and then twists it right.
- Continue the same from both sides (Keep your shoulder on the ground and abs tight).
This exercise helps to boost the power & power of your hips and also improve motion range. It also allows your hips to work in a frontal plane having side-to-side movement. The exercise is liked by all the golf enthusiasts as it keeps them active & powerful during their game session.
You have to remember that every physical exercise needs consistence. If you are a golf player and love to play it on a regular basis, then you must opt for the above sport-specific flexibility and strength exercises to your daily workout. Zack Creed a well known name in the field of Golf carried his passion for the game through every stage of his professional life, exploring the many sides of the golf industry from management to teaching, playing and even marketing. Oakville’s Zack Creed has spent his career in various teaching and management positions such as head pro and golf director.