Drilling has become easy because of the ability of the drill bit to cut through any hard surface. You can ensure that the structure is not at risk of damage due to the high standard output of the drilling method. It provides accurate results, and it is cost-effective. Hence, diamond core drill bits are one of the most effective and efficient methods of drilling. They are used in various industries, especially in the construction sector. They are a convenient and secure method of aperture drilling. While using them, many experienced operators tend to make mistakes, which negatively affect the results. Read further to understand the common mistakes made when drilling and the benefits of diamond core drills.
Some Common Mistakes to Avoid When Utilising a Diamond Core Drill Bit
- Using the wrong type: Drill bits are an essential tool utilised in different jobs, including installing strip paints and screws. They are helpful, but if not handled with care, they can be dangerous. Also, you must ensure that they are inserted in the front part. Below listed are some of the drills and their uses.
- Twist Bits: Twist bits are also called standard drill bits. You can drill holes with them into your working materials such as light woods, plastic and light metals.
- Spade Bits: The spade drill bits appear wide, and they can drill larger holes efficiently.
- Hole Saw Bits: If you are searching for a drill bit to drill bigger holes, then you must opt for the hole saw bit. It can drill holes of half an inch to 6 inches in width.
- Glass Bits: As the name suggests, the glass drill bit is utilised in drilling glass materials. When you use the wrong drill, it can result in discomfort at the workplace. More importantly, you must not use concrete drills for drilling glass materials.
- Applying Too Little or Too Much Pressure: Drilling pressure is an important factor to be considered. Many people make mistakes by applying too much pressure to a vertically tilted bit. You must ensure that the direction of the applied force forms a straight line. Furthermore, you must apply force on the edges of the diamond core drill and not on the sides. You don’t have to apply a lot of pressure when you use the core and glass drill.
- Using the Diamond Core Drill Bit in Reverse: You must not use the drill in the reverse since it can wear off its glazing end. If the diamond drill gets stuck in the hole, you can remove it by putting it in reverse.
Benefits of the Diamond Core Drill Bit
As mentioned earlier, using the drill bit is beneficial to many people from various industries. Below listed are some benefits of using it.
- It is Highly Accurate: You can do away with littered dust and chips from the construction site by using a diamond drill. You can drill holes on thick glass, stones and bricks. You might find some debris around and hardly any dust produced in operation.
- It Works Quietly: Sometimes, your working situation can be demanding, but you can ensure that the drill bit makes less noise. You can work continuously without disturbing others. Various construction projects need a lot of drilling. But with its minimal noise, you can ensure that people find huge comfort in drilling and cutting through rough surfaces. You can drill with speed effectively and efficiently.
- It is Proven to be Health and Environment Friendly: Working in a dust-free environment is just what people need. The diamond core drill bits have proven to be health and environment friendly without producing any dust. Hence, health hazards are avoided, and the environment is kept safe.