HTC mobiles are never included in the list of the cheapest mobiles in the world but then, HTC’s intentions were never to sell cheap mobiles in the first place. And HTC’s Desire Eye is perhaps nothing different.
HTC has introduced its new suite of imaging products at its event in New York. The new range consists of the HTC Desire Eye smartphone with two 13 MP cameras, HTC RE hand-held camera, HTC Eye Experience enhanced imaging software and Zoe collaborative video editing community
- Key specs of the Desire Eye smartphone:
- Screen Size:5.2-inch Full HD 1080p
- Mobile OS: Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense
- Processor: 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Memory: 16 GB internal memory expandable up to 128 GB
- Rear camera: 13MP, BSI sensor, f/2.0, 28 mm lens, wide angle, with HDR, 1080p Full HD video recording, Dual LED Flash
- Front camera- 13MP, BSI sensor, f/2.0, 22 mm lens, wide angle, with HDR, 1080p Full HD video recording, Dual LED Flash, Auto focus with zoom
- Sound: HTC Boom Sound, Dual front facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, 3 microphones, Sense Voice
- Connectivity: 2G, 3G, 4G connectivity
- Battery: 2400 mAh
Well, this isn’t the mobile HTC made keeping in mind the needs of all kinds of people and to me, this mobile doesn’t seem like a mid segment mobile at all so I think the price should definitely be above 15 or 18 thousand rupees.
However, the launch wasn’t only for the mobile, the company has even launched its most awaited RE series handheld camera.
RE features a built-in grip sensor that instantly activates the camera on pick up, eliminating the need for a power button. There is a single shutter button which allows one tap to capture photos and a longer press for video recording. The RE features a high-resolution, 16MP CMOS sensor, Full HD (1080p) video recording, 146 degree wide-angle lens and slow-motion and time lapse recording. The RE app will also back everything up to your phone or the cloud automatically. In addition, in the future, RE will offer real-time video streaming to YouTube. The RE app will be available on both Android and iOS.
Let us know your opinion on “The HTC Desire Eye and RE” and subscribe to our newsletter to get insightful stories daily in your inbox.