Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd chairman Mukesh Ambani on Tuesday made an announcement of the Jio Prime membership. Addition to that, Ambani claimed that Jio has crossed the milestone of 100 Million customer mark in 172 days.
He added that Jio’s Happy New Year offer ends on 31st March, and starting 1st April; the company will start its tariff plans where voice calls and roaming will be totally free. “There will be no blackout days or any hidden charges,” Ambani said.
But many people still have the confusion regarding the offers, prices, enrollment for the Jio Prime Membership and Hence, we’ve decided to explain the technicalities of the whole ‘Jio Prime membership’ aspect in a simplistic manner.
How to become a Jio Prime Member
- Any existing Jio customer can avail this Jio Prime Membership offer. If you are not a jio customer yet, then you need to get your Jio 4G SIM before 31st of March in order to benefit this membership.
- The Jio customers will need to pay one-time fees of Rs. 99 to become a subscriber of the Jio Prime Membership.
- After availing the prime membership, you can enjoy all the benefits of the present “Happy New Year” offer by paying Rs 303 per month, which comes down to Rs 10 per day only.
- The validity period of the Jio Prime Membership is one year, that means till 31st March 2018.
- All the Jio customers can subscribe for the Jio Prime Membership starting 1st March ending 31st March.
Things to Remember
- The whole Jio Prime Membership is an optional plan, and you don’t compulsorily have to pay this in order to continue using Jio 4G services.
- If you do not want Prime membership, then you will continue to make the free voice call (without any roaming data).
- Alternatively, you can also opt for the tariff plans that the company announced in the past, which will be effective starting 1st April.
But according to me, the membership for the Jio Prime is a good bargain considering the fact that you will be getting almost 30GB per month for just Rs 303 which is not a bad deal at all. The prime membership offer is still better than what other telecom operators are offering.