Here at Abrition, we’ve covered numerous aspects of blogging in past; for instance how to make money out it, setting up a blog, making money with Instagram-blogging, etc. But in past few years, we’ve seen a tremendous boost in the trend of fashion blogging in India and it’s great to see that girls are coming up and exploring their fashion sense in front of the world. Because you see, when it comes to blogging in India, back in 2011 when I started Abrition at the age of 15, there use to be only one niche that majority of people were targeting and that is ‘technology/mobile’ as people had the conception that ‘tech’ is something which a whole world can relate to, but I personally feel that is most insane thing one can every imagine. As one can easily achieve the success in any niche as long as he or she is vesting genuine interest in that.
Coming to the fashion blogging/Insta-blogging/vlogging, It is a huge market in countries such as UK, USA, China, Canada etc but not in India and that is certainly true as brands are yet to identify the true potential of Indian fashion bloggers/influencers. Having said that, people in India (especially young girls and boys) have a misconception that fashion blogging is all about fame and money. Is that true? To identify the exact scenario of fashion blogging in India, I reached out to Khushi Bisht, a Noida based fashion/insta blogger, a young emerging fashion blogger of the country. Here you can learn about the current scenario of fashion blogging in India from Khushi’s perspective and you can get a fair idea on how easy or difficult is to pursue as a fashion blogger/influencer in India.
Follow Khushi Bisht on Instagram to know about her fashion aspirations.
1. So Khushi, tell us something about yourself? (a bit about yourself, your education etc)
I am a fashion blogger from past 1 year. Most recently, I started my youtube channel as I wanted to show every aspect of me in it and not just fashion.
2. How do you manage your college life with fashion blogging altogether?
Honestly! It is difficult but as the saying goes people make time for the things that they really love and are passionate about. I make sure I utilize my free time thinking about different ideas and keeping my followers updated with the trends
3. How Did you come to know about fashion blogging?
I remember my sister telling me to start my blog. I was telling her about my love for fashion and she came up with the idea and told me to do the same.
4. How and When your journey as a fashion blogger began?
I remember I got done with my board exams and I thought I will start my youtube channel related to fashion but I was a bit nervous. I was pinning down my thoughts in a paper for my youtube video and voila! It became my first blog. “First day at college look “
How To Create A WordPress Blog With BlueHost In 4 Easy Steps (2017)
5. Who has been your fashion inspiration? What do you aspire to become at a later stage?
I don’t have any particular fashionista who inspires me. I have always been a flexible person in terms of fashion so I take inspiration, not from one but many people. I just hope to grow into a better blogger /vlogger.
6. You see, blogging itself is a curious and innovative profession in its own. And it’s great to see that the profession is getting huge acceptance from people of different age group, especially college teens as it doesn’t require any sort of set qualification to become one, but I can sense that most of the people (especially the younger ones) have the conception that blogging is a burgeoning industry with lots of money on the table. Though I certainly have an idea about tech and business blogging, what about the fashion blogging; does this niche also offers a handsome amount of money to the bloggers/influencers according to you?
Though I certainly have an idea about tech and business blogging, what about the fashion blogging; does this niche also offers a handsome amount of money to the bloggers/influencers according to you?
Honestly! It is a lot of struggle and the remuneration is according to the audience you have. I won’t say its less but it’s not that great.
7. I can see that you are mostly active on your Instagram account, do you write blog posts also?
Yes ! I do 😄 My site is currently getting updated.
8. Well, you have a good amount of followers to your Instagram profile and it is still growing, how did you achieve this? Was there ever a time when you had only 5 or 6 followers? How did you get more?
I joined Instagram quite late. I always had a public account and was interested in fashionable stuff so even when I wasn’t blogging I was always posting about fashionable things and maybe that’s the reason I gained followers.
9. This one is pretty interesting one and all the viewers out there wants to know the answer to this million dollar question; How much do you make as a fashion blogger, I mean can you give us a rough figure on how much money one can fetch through an Instagram account or fashion blogs with decent followers say, 50K followers.
I wouldn’t mention the amount but It totally depends on an individual.
10. Do you think influencer marketplaces like Blogmint, PoPxo, Getevangelized helps fashion bloggers to reach out to potential sponsors and brands?
They do help but a number of events can be really less sometimes so you do have to keep working on it.
11. What is the biggest challenge about fashion blogging?
The biggest challenge that you might face is a number of bloggers that are there in our country. Fashion Blogging is a fairly new job and even social media influencers get tagged as fashion bloggers but people need to understand the difference between an influencer and a blogger.
12. Any message or tip you have for anyone wanting to start as a fashion blogger/influencer.
If you’re passionate about it START IT RIGHT AWAY! Don’t do it for the free gifts but for the love that you have for fashion.
We all are capable of doing something don’t get disheartened with the initial response. It takes a lot of time to grow so be patient. 🙂
Love you all 💕
Let us know your thoughts on the fashion blogging in India in the comments.