Many of you may or may not aware about the exam called ‘IBPS RRB Exam.’ In simple words, IBPS RRB (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Rural Regional Bank) exam is a two-tier entrance examination i.e. preliminary and main test. The test is the nation level examination which is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel for selection of Group A Officers (Scale-I, II, and III) and Group B Office Assistants in various participating RRBs (Rural Regional Banks).
Having said, this year RRB is planning to recruit more than 16000 candidates for various office personnel. Also, one should know that the preliminary exam is conducted only for those candidates who are applying for Officer Scale I and Office Assistants. Candidates who are applying for Group II and Group III will have to appear only for RRB Online (Mains) exam.
So here we will understand the basic structure and essential facts about RRB Exams in different phases.
1. Eligibility Criteria
When we talk about sort of entrance or competitive exam, then the eligibility criteria has to be a significant aspect every aspiring candidate should look into.
By Age criteria:
- For Officer Scale-III: Above 21 years and below 40 years.
- For Officer Scale-II: Above 21 years and below 32 years.
- For Officer Scale- I: Above 18 years and below 30 years.
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) – In between 18 to 28 years.
By Educational Qualification:
- For Officer Scale-III: Degree in any discipline from a recognized institute or university having 50 % marks. Minimum 5 years’ experience as an officer in a Bank or Financial Institution is required.
- For Officer Scale- II (General Banking Officer): Degree in any discipline with 50 % marks in aggregate.
- For Officer Scale –II (SO): Graduation or Post Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university with 50 % marks in aggregate. Having one or two years of experience in the relevant area.
- For Officer Scale-I: Degree in any discipline from a recognized institute or university.
- For Officer Assistant (Multipurpose): Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Proficiency and skill in Computer and Local Language is a must.
2. Exam Pattern For IBPS RRB Exams 2016
After considering the eligibility criteria, let’s look into the exam pattern of different officers scale.
Exam pattern for the posts of Office Assistant (Multiple Purpose) and Officer Scale I:
- The exam will be conducted in two stages: Prelims and Mains
- The exam will be held online.
- Both the exams will be objective type.
- The Preliminary Test will comprise of Two papers – Reasoning and Numerical Ability.
- The Preliminary Examination for both the posts will consist of 80 questions carrying 80 marks.
- The total time duration for the Preliminary Examination is 45 minutes for both the posts.
- The Mains Examination for both the posts will comprise of 5 sections – Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, English Language and Computer Knowledge.
- The total mark of the Mains Examination for both the posts is 200 marks.
Exam Pattern for the Posts of Officers Scale II and III:
- There is a single examination for Officers Scale II and III.
- The Single examination will be objective type only.
- The test will carry 200 marks.
There will be a negative marking for wrong answers. For each wrong attempt, one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
3. Breakdown of Vacancies on the basis of Posts (Total No. of Vacancies; 16,560)
Office Assistants (Multi-Purpose)- 8824
Officers Scale I- 5539
Officers Scale-II (Agricultural Officer)- 152
Officers Scale II (Marketing)- 75
Officers Scale-II (Treasury Manager)- 14
Officers Scale-II (Law)- 41
Officers Scale II (Chartered Accountant)- 35
Officers Scale II (Information Technology Officer)- 130
Officers Scale II (General Banking Officer)- 1533
Officers Scale III- 119
4. Selection Mechanism For IBPS RRB 2016
Here comes the most vital aspect, we will try to represent the whole selection procedure for IBPS RRB 2016 in an abbreviated manner so that you can get most out of it.
In general, The IBPS RRB selection mechanism varies from post to post. The selection procedure for different posts is shown like this:
For Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
As I’ve mentioned above, those candidates who are applying for Office Assistant (Multipurpose) posts will have to appear for the Prelims Exam. Candidates qualifying the Prelims Examination will be called to appear for Mains Examination. And final allotment will be conducted on the basis of marks obtained in Mains Examination.
For Officer Scale I Post
The candidates will be selected on the basis of Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
For Officers Scale II and III
Shortlisting of candidates will be done on the basis of Single Level Examination and Interview.
IBPS RRB Interview for 2016
Now the candidates shortlisted via Mains Examination for the post of Officer Scale I and through the single level examination for the post of Officers Scale II and III will be called for the Interview.
The total marks allotted for interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in an interview should not be less than 40% for Gen candidates and 35% for SC / ST/OBC/PWD candidates. The relative ratio of CWE and interview will be 80:20 respectively for the Officers framework.
The result for RRB 2016 exams for all the stages and posts will be declared within one month from the conduct of the examination. IBPS RRB Result for RRB online exam- Preliminary for Officer Scale I would be declared in November 2016. Another side, RRB result for Preliminary exam for Office Assistant would be declared in December 2016. Candidates will have to qualify in each section of Prelims, Mains, and Single level examination.
The corrected scores obtained by each candidate in different sections will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculation. IBPS RRB Result for Mains exam (Office Assistant and Officer Scale I, II and III) would be declared in December 2016.