iSkysoft Data Recovery is a premium data recovery software for Mac that helps you in recovering your accidentally deleted files from Mac. The software has got four different recovery modes that include Lost data recovery, Raw data recovery, Partition recovery, and Resume Recovery. We liked this software in our initial tests for standalone reason is that here ‘recovery’ isn’t limited to documents, photos, video, music, email, and archive files but it goes beyond the basics.
The software is fully compatible with latest Mac OS Sierra and preceding versions like El Capitan and Yosemite. Apart from this, the software performs the deep scan that allows you to recover a number of files.
So Let’s see how the product functions and what pros and cons are allied with iSkysoft Data Recovery (Mac).
For me, user-interface is the most important aspect of any software because that’s where the user interacts with the software. And as far iSkysoft Data recover’s UI is concerned, its interface is very easy to use, and it is feasible for anybody to recover data and files without reluctant process, but with few clicks. You can scan it, preview the same and get recover.
Let’s start with iSkysoft Data Recover ‘Mac.’
As I’ve already mentioned this above, the software has four recovery modes that cover different cases of data. These data losses occur due to various reasons like formatting, accidental deletion, virus, crash, etc.
Lost Data Recovery
This particular mode cover the most basic scenario of accidental deletion on Mac due to the pressing of command-Delete keys, corrupted files, emptied trash, etc.
Once the scanning process is finished, there will be the choice to preview the files before performing the recovery.
- If you know your lost file type, apply the filter by image, video, audio, document, email or archive.
- Now the drive will be scanned entirely by Deep scan to recover the files. To activate Deep Scan, click the “Enable Deep Scan” option and scan again.
- The “Save Scan Info” button allows you to save the scan results. The save file can be imported by click Resume Recovery in the main interface.
- The Preview functionality supports images, documents, emails, and parts of videos and audio files.
- The Validity attribute informs you whether it is good or bad for recovery.
Raw Data Recovery
Well for ‘Raw Data recovery’ mode, it is meant to perform a deeper scan and recover files by file signature. In this, you can recover up to 50 types of files PNG, JPG, MOV, M4V, M4A, MP3, PAGES, ZIP, EML, etc.
Though it takes more time to recover when compared to the ‘Lost data recovery’ mode. To help you find the lost files, there are two options:
- Only scan deleted files: you can opt only to scan deleted files on the partition using the option at the bottom.
- Use filter options: You can also choose a specific file type to scan by clicking filter options. Also, under each file type, you can choose specific file formats by clicking the right arrow button.
In this mode, those data that are lost due to resized, corrupted, formatted and delete partitions will be recovered.
Two options will be available here Quick Search and Advanced Search. By default, the application will use “Quick Search” to find your partitions. This method will find your recently lost partitions in seconds.
On the other side, “Advance Search” will help you find all lost partitions.
As we all know that, scanning sometimes takes hours to finish. When the situation demands to turn off the Mac, then you can save the scan results and make resume recovery when you comes back.
At first, click the stop of the pause button and then click on the save scan info button to save a*.res file to your Mac. To resume a previous recovery, choose “Resume Recovery” in the primary window and import the scanning results from a *.res file.
You can download and purchase the iSkysoft Data Recovery For Mac directly from here.
- Easy to setup
- User-Interface is good
- Recover data from HFS+, HFSX, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS files systems.
- Recovers all sort of files
- After performing data recovery, the original file names and file folders will not be available
- Protected materials can’t be copied.