When it comes to the higher studies, then a majority of students seeks opportunities in the management fields, and that’s the prime reason why MBA programs are so much popular among students at the post-graduation level. Having said that, there are some nationwide popular exams like CAT, GMAT for management aspirants seeking admission to IIMs and top b-schools. And one such entrance exam is SNAP Test (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) which is a national level entrance exam for admission in MBA programs offered by Symbiosis International University.
So here we are putting some essential things and facts related to SNAP exam which you must know before applying for the upcoming exam.
1. Eligibility For SNAP Exam
As far as the eligibility quotient is concerned, the candidates who have completed Bachelor’s degree from a UGC affiliated University or Institute scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate at graduation level will be eligible for admission. For all the reserved category (SC/ST) candidates, the minimum marks criteria are relaxed to 45%.
On the other side, the foreign candidates are required to produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of India (AIU). It is mandatory for the candidates to check if their degree is verified by AIU before applying for the SNAP exam. The candidates must secure 50% in their Bachelor’s Programme and must have cleared IELTS (Score-6) and IELS (Score-4).
2. Format For SNAP Exam
The SNAP Test is an objective type pen and paper based exam with the duration of 2 hours. The paper is divided into four sections:
- General English – Reading Comprehension – Verbal Ability – Verbal Reasoning – 40 Marks
- Quantitative Analysis – Data Interpretation – Sufficiency – 40 Marks
- General Awareness – General Knowledge – Current Affairs – Business Scenario – 40 Marks
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning – 40 Marks
- Total – 150 Marks
Candidates will be awarded one mark for every correct attempt while 1/4 will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Candidates are advised to choose only Blue/Black ball point pen to mark their answers in the Optical Response Sheet.
3. Participating Institutes
Following is the list of institutes affiliated to Symbiosis International University which offers Management courses to the candidates selected via SNAP exam.
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Bengaluru
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Operation Management (Nashik)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance
4. Reservation Policy
As far as the reservation policy for SNAP exam is concerned, SIU provides 3% reservation to the candidates with certain kinds of disabilities. These disability categories include Dyslexia, Hearing impairment, Locomotors disabilities, Mental retardation, multiple disabilities, and Vision impairment.
The reservations offered by the University as per the UGC Reservation Guidelines are as follows:
- Scheduled Caste – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes -7.5%
- Differently Abled -3%
- Kashmiri Migrants (Supernumerary) 2 seats per program
- International Candidates (Supernumerary) -15%
5. Selection Procedure
Here is the thing, it is not an easy task to crack a SNAP exam, one must go through the different level of hurdles before they get into any of those SIU’s institutes. So here we are summing up the selection procedure in a concise manner so that you’ll get a clear view of the SNAP’s selection pattern.
Candidates qualifying successfully in the SNAP written examination by SNAP percentile scored would be further shortlisted for GE-PIWAT (Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Written Ability Test).
- Group Exercise: In this stage, candidates are marked out of 10 for the headway of group exercise. For candidates, it is requisite to exhibit a clear and logical way of thinking as well as a potency to lead and mentor the group.
- Written Ability Test: It is the significant component of the selection procedure where candidates are marked out of 10 marks. Candidates are required to write an essay on common or business oriented topic. The main purpose of WAT is to test the writing skills of candidates along with their knowledge of various topics and areas.
- Personal Interaction: PI is the most important stage among all three and is the final round of SNAP 2016 selection procedure. This round carries 30 marks. Candidates will be judged on numerous parameters that include confidence, overall personality, creative thought process, etc.
It is compulsory for the shortlisted candidates to appear for all the tests of GE-PIWAT to be eligible for admission to any Management program of Symbiosis International University.
The SNAP Result will be declared on the official site of SNAP 2016. The result is expected to be the declared by the second week of Janurary-2017. Candidate can view the exam result and download the scorecard by following the mentioned steps below.
- You can visit the official site of SNAP 2016: http://www.snaptest.org
- Click the “Download Score Card” in the announcements section on the homepage
- You need to enter the SNAP ID and Password Received at the time of Registration
- Download and take printout of SNAP 2016 Result