There are many sites and blogs that have the guide or information about how to install Windows7 from USB flash drive. However, there are a few that are incomplete steps or improper commands tutorial guides. This article will help you to install Windows7 from USB flash drive successfully.
USB drives can be used on another PC which do not have a DVD writer. Using USB drives to install Windows7 takes not more than fifteen minutes.
• At least 4GB USB flash drive is recommended,
• Windows7 installation file.
First, you need to create the bootable Windows7 USB drive. The steps are as follows:
I. Format the USB drive in NTFS file system.
II. Copy all data of Windows7 installation disc into USB drive.
III. Click start, in search, type CMD.
IV. Press enter on your keyboard.
V. You will get CMD via Start menu > All Programs > Accessories > CMD
or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER in start menu search.
VI. Run CMD in administrator mode by right click.
VII. You will get C:\User\user>, you have to type diskpart
VIII. Then you get DISKPART>, type list disk
(Please note down the Disk number of your USB drive. For example, Disk 2)
IX. Diskpart> type Select Disk 2,
X. Diskpart>type Clean
It will prompt that Diskpart succeeded in cleaning the disk.
XI. Diskpart>type create partition primary
XII. Diskpart>format fs=fat32 quick
Then you get DISKPART>, type list disk
USB Boot in BIOS.
Now your USB drive is ready to install Windows7 in any laptops, Computers, notebook, etc.
• Please make sure that motherboard is capable of booting the USB drive.
• USB has to be formatted so that the files have proper backup.
• After booting the USB drive, the computer will restart to complete the setup. You
need to unplug the USB from computer during first restart.
Now, install Windows7 via USB flash drive on another computer, follow the below
1. Restart computer and insert USB drive.
2. Now run UNetbootin and select the disk ISO image.
3. Browse local drive for windows7 ISO, and then click on OPEN.
4. Select type – USB, and then choose your desired drive.
5. Click OK, once you will click ok, it might take several minutes for processing the
6. When the installation completes, please restart your computer.
7. Press key to bring BIOS BOOT MENU.
Note- the key options could vary from one to another companies’ computers. It
could be, F1, F2, F12, ESC, Backspace else Space.
8. Change the start-up option for booting USB by default.
9. Save changes and restart the computer.
10. You will get Windows7 Installation Screen.
Now, installation process is complete on your laptop or computer. It is very easy to install Windows7 from USB flash drive on any computer that comes with USB boot feature. However, this USB guide may not work if you are using it to make a bootable USB on XP computers. Now, you have to copy the files placed in windows7 DVD Media and select.