Google Plus is one of the most popular social networking service of Google,Inc after Orkut. Like we all know that Google’s Orkut was failed but Google has a bad habit guess….. Google always wants to dominate on web in every field whether it is about search engine, browser or social networking.
When Orkut was failed, Google thought to bring an unique social network that could beat the Facebook after thinking lot more about this, they launched Google+ “Plus” in June 8, 2011As of April 2012, it had a total of 170 million registered users.
Google Plus originally launched as Google Circles, a name alluding to its emphasis on organising friendship information.
The service was launched as an invitation-only “field test” in June 2011.Early invites were soon suspended due to an “insane demand” for new accounts.
On September 20, 2011, Google+ was opened to everyone 18 years of age or older without the need for an invitation.
It was opened for a younger age group (13+ years old in US and most countries, 14+ in South Korea and Spain, 16+ in Netherlands) on January 26, 2012.
1. What is Google Plus?
The service was launched on June 28, 2011, in an invitation-only “field testing” phase.The following day, existing users were allowed to invite friends who were over 18 years of age to the service to create their own accounts. This was suspended the next day due to an “insane demand” for accounts.
On July 14, 2011, Google announced that Google+ had reached 10 million users just two weeks after the launch of a “limited” trial phase.
After four weeks in operation, it had reached 25 million unique visitors.Based on ComScore, the biggest market was the United States followed by India.In October 2011, the service reached 40 million users, according to Larry Page;by the end of the year Google+ had 90 million users.
2. Sign Up with Google Plus
It’s very easy to sign up but remember that your age is above 13 years and after that you can visit the Plus.Google.com and then it will be ask you to fill the basic information of your like Date of Birth, Full Name, Sex etc.
After that, you’ll able to use Google Plus and here is a friendly video tutorial that will be helps you to getting started in Google Plus:
3. Setup a brand page on Google Plus
Now in this section, I’ll tell you about the power of Google Plus. You can use Google Plus for your brand it seems more like Facebook fan pages.
But in my personal opinion, Google Plus is more advanced, faster and better than Facebook and now If you want to set up a brand page on your Google Plus, So please follow these steps below:
Create Your Google+ Page
Select a Category for Your Brand
On the second step, you will be asked to pick a category. You can choose from:
Local Businesses or Place
Great for hotels, restaurants, places, stores, any other local service business.
Product or Brand
Great for any other product that is not local. For example, WPBeginner is an online brand.
Company, Institution or Organisation
Great for company pages, non-profits, organizations, schools, etc.
Arts, Entertainment or Sports
Great for books, bands, movies, shows etc. This can be a very broad category.
If you can’t fit your business in any of the categories above, then you put it in here.[Via WpBeginner]
Now Upload Tagline and Photo for your Google+ Brand Page
Now Congratulation on your New Google+ Page
Now you just need to spread your page through Social Sites and you’ll get a link of your brand page like this https://plus.google.com/103550520459300007575/posts
4. Basics of Google Plus
Create your Google+page
• Product or brand
• Company, institution or organization
• Local Business
• Arts, entertainment and sports
The only category that has a different configuration is the local business, because for this type of page, you can include a map showing the location of the business, address, telephone number and opening hours. Equip yourself with images before you start that represent your brand and a short description. Be original and avoid launching commercial messages.
What can be done from a Google page +?
• Add people to circles
• Edit your profile
• Share publications
• +1 Reviews and photos
• Create and join left
What differentiates a profile or a page?
• The pages cannot add people to their circle unless that page has been added. However if you can add additional pages without youhave been added first.
• The person will receive a notification that has been added, no matter how many circles have
• You can create multiple pages with different identities (more corporate, fans …) but the associated profile can only be one.
• The default privacy on a page is public .
• Pages have the +1 button.
• The pages cannot do +1 to other pages or web content but people
• The pages cannot play games.
• The pages do not have the option of Extended Circles .
• The pages do not receive notifications via email, text or
• Only local pages are location-specific fields.
How do I start, how to promote my site?
Click on ”Discovered”. Send a notification from your user profile of Google+ to all the people in your
• Post interesting content to your customers or users with frequency and
• Keep a fresh image and change from time to time (2 months maximum)
• Link your page with your site and vice versa.
• Link your page to your Adwords campaigns.
• [Link your page to your Adwordscampaignthat ExpressGoogle.]
• Check your site for direct connection to Google +
By clicking on the icon of circles you can select the people you have added.The people who are added to a page will be notified when they have been added.
5. Verified Badge for Google Plus Profiles & Pages
Like Twitter, Google Plus also have a verified badge system that tells us about the true personality on Google Plus. Actually this beta is not available for general public, it’s only for those people who belongs to Music, Entertainment, Politics, Media, Business, Sports. There is no form where you can fill the information about your Google+ profile and get the verified bade on your profile or pages.
It is available for those, who have large amount of followers approximately 50,000 So If you’ll be able to reachthis value then you’ll get the verified badge from Google plus automatically. But If you believe that your Google plus brand page should get a verified page So please use this form.
It looks like this page of Barack Obama:
6. Other Features of Google Plus
1. In the “Stream,” which occupies the middle of three columns on the page, users see updates from those in their Circles. There is an input box which allows users to enter a post. Along with the text entry field there are icons to upload and share photos and videos. The Stream can be filtered to show only posts from specific Circles.
2. “Circles” enable users to organize people into groups for sharing across various Google products and services. Although other users may be able to view a list of people in a user’s collection of Circles, they cannot view the names of those Circles.
The privacy settings also allow users to hide the users in their Circles as well as who has them in their Circle. Organization is done through a drag-and-drop interface. This system replaces the typical friends list function used by sites such as Facebook.
Since September 26, 2011 users can share Circles; it’s a one-time share, so if the creator of the Circle updates the members, people’s shared copies won’t be updated.
3. “Hangouts” are places used to facilitate group video chat (with a maximum of 10 people participating in a single Hangout at any point in time). However, anyone on the web could potentially join the “Hangout” if they happen to possess the unique URL of the Hangout.
On August 18, 2011 Google added a new addition to “Hangouts” – clicking on the Share button under any YouTube video reveals an icon that suggests watching the video with friends in a Google+ hangout.
4. ”Games” (social gaming) had 16 games when launched on August 11, 2011, which has since been expanded to 44. Unlike Facebook games, Google+ games are located under a games tab, which gives games less visibility, and have notifications that are separate from the rest of a user’s notifications.
Please check this video where you’ll get every feature of Google Plus:
7. Useful Links of Google Plus
8. Top 5 Profile on Google Plus
9. Top 5 Pages on Google Plus
10. Our articles on Google Plus