Twitter, World’s most popular micro-blogging site in short, this social service enables you to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters, known as “tweets” and according to a stored data on web.
This site receives over 500 million active users as of 2012, generating over 340 million tweets daily and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.
And according to an Alexa Internet, Twitter is placed as 8th most visited site on web. It was founded in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched that July.
1. What is Twitter?
Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters, known as “tweets”.
It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched that July. The service rapidly gained worldwide popularity, with over 500 million active users as of 2012, generating over 340 million tweets daily and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.Since its launch, the Twitter website has become one of the top 10 most visited on the Internet, and has been described as “the SMS of the Internet.”
Unregistered users can read the tweets, while registered users can post tweets through the website interface, SMS, or a range of apps for mobile devices. Twitter Inc. is based in San Francisco, with additional servers and offices in New York City, Boston, and San Antonio.
2. What is Retweet on Twitter?
I know these guidelines are not so useful for most of the existing web users because they know “How to use Twitter in Goo d Manner” but my this guideline isn’t reflect the advantages or uses of Twitter but they will teach you, the uses of Twitter for your brand awareness as well.
To retweet someone’s tweet/message is to share their tweet with your own Twitter followers.
When you come across an interesting tweet and you want to help it spread – you retweet it.
There’s usually a ReTweet button next to each Tweet, so you can usually just click that.
The syntax of a ReTweet is the abbreviation “RT” or the word “Retweet” followed by the username of the person who tweeted it (e.g @User) and then the content of the actual tweet.
3. Easy Video Tutorial for Twitter’s Introduction
Like, We all know that Twitter is utilize by every celebrity, politician, business brands, web companies. So I thought that you need a practical introduction of Twitter with this Video Tutorial.
4. #Hashtag for Twitter
Hashtag is commonly a symbol that is available on the keyboard of any desktop or laptop but it’s use in Twitter is little different. #Hashtag on twitter is use for a topic, “We tweeted about”.
In Simple words, Hashtags are a tool that you can use in Twitter to track twits, tweets, and anything ‘twitable’. Hashtags are a community-driven convention for adding additional context and metadata to your tweets. They’re like tags on Flickr, only added inline to your post. You create a hashtag simply by prefixing a word with a hash symbol: #hashtag.” They were developed as a means of creating groupings within Twitter.
Here is a video tutorial for Twitter’s Hashtags:
6. Set up Twitter account for Brands or Personality
Now finally after getting the knowledge of basics of Twitter, Now We’re ready to use Twitter for our brands or for our personal account. Now you need to do anything just follow the steps that’s showed in following video tutorials:
5. Create background for your Twitter account
Now we are in the stage of customization on Twitter, So after this all other steps will going to reflect the image of your personal or brand’s account on Twitter.
So for this you need to customize the background for Twitter:
6. Deactivate and Reactivate your Twitter account
Here is few easy step for deactivating your Twitter account:
- Log in to Twitter.com on the web.
- Go to your Account settings and click on Deactivate my account at the bottom of the page.
- Read the account deactivation information. Click Okay, fine, deactivate account.
- Enter your password when prompted and verify that you want to deactivate your account.
Here is few easy step for activating your Twitter account:
- Visit twitter.com/login on the web (reactivation is not supported on mobile devices).
- Enter your account username or email address and password.
- Once you click Sign in, your account is reactivated.
- You’ll see your Home page if reactivation was successful. Your account data (such as Tweets, Followers, Favorites, etc.) may take a few minutes to fully restore.
7. Find People on Twitter
How to find people by name:
- Type the person’s name into the search box at the top of your Twitter homepage.
- Results for your search will show up under the People tab on the search results page.
- You can also search by typing the person’s name into the search box on the Connect page.
How to browse accounts by interest:
- From the Discover page, click Browse categories.
- Click on any interesting category (e.g. Sports). You’ll be shown a list of accounts you may want to follow.
- You can also browse by interest using the search box at the top of the Browse categories page. Type in a topic (like “comedy” or “basketball”) or a descriptive phrase (such as “ballet dancer” or “comedian”) and you’ll see a list of account results for that search term.
How to browse Twitter’s suggestions:
- On the Discover page, click on Who to follow.
- Browse suggestions we’ve generated for you based on who we think you might find interesting.
- Click Follow to follow any user, or click their username to learn more about them.
8. Unfollow people on Twitter
Please follow the following steps to unfollow someone on Twitter
- Click the Following link on your home page or profile page.
- Hover over the blue Following button next to any user on your following list, which will change to a red Unfollow.
- Clicking this button will unfollow the desired user.
To unfollow from a user’s profile page:
- Navigate to the profile page of the user you’d like to unfollow.
- Hover over the blue Following button at the top right corner of the page, which will change to a red Unfollow.
- Click the button to complete the process and unfollow the user.
To unfollow via SMS text message:
If you’re using Twitter for SMS to follow others, you can choose to unfollow the user by texting UNFOLLOW username to your carrier’s short code. (Example: UNFOLLOW buttonsmc)
If you don’t want to unfollow the user completely, but only wish to stop receiving their updates via SMS, you can text LEAVE username, or OFF username to the same short code. (Example: OFF buttonsmc or LEAVE buttonsmc)
9. Promote your profile on Twitter
Few easy guidelines for promoting your account on Twitter by the Twitter officials:
- When you create your account, your username (e.g. @marthastewart) becomes part of your Twitter profile URL (so, for example, @marthastewart’s Twitter profile can be found at http://twitter.com/marthastewart).
- Your Twitter profile URL links directly to your profile page and is the easiest and quickest way for others to find you.
- Use this link whenever possible to promote your presence on Twitter. Publicize this URL to your fans, and share it whenever you talk about Twitter. People who go to this URL and sign up for Twitter will start following you automatically.
Make sure you appear in search.
- Twitter user search ranks results for every user by name, username, and the bio on your profile. In order for your account to appear in search results, make sure your username, full name, and bio are filled out in your profile settings and contain key words that you would like to be associated with your Twitter account.
- It is also important to stay active – tweet, retweet, and @reply/mention regularly to gain resonance amongst your followers so that search results are up to date.
It’s very important to know how to post videos and pictures with your tweet and for this, I have some special resources that will helps you to know more about this in brief and easy way
Please use the following links to knowing more about this step:
14. Boost your Twitter Followers by Free and Premium
Twitter is one of the most popular and powerful website available on web So there is already lots of app created by external users that is based on Twitter’s service.
Some of them is uses for boost the counting of followers on Twitters So If you want to get large amount of followers very fast, for this I would like to recommend you some most popular follower service on web for Twitter. You can use the following mentioned service for this:
15. World’s top 5 most followed Twitter users