WordPress has recently announced their 3.0 version for iOS and have many great features like push notifications for WordPress.com, a new toolbar and overall improved performance.
Here is some new features from wordpress:
- Push Notifications for WordPress.com. If you have a WordPress.com blog added to the app, you’ll now be able to opt in to receive push notifications of new comments, which makes it easier than ever to keep up with your readers and moderate comments on the go.
- Swipe-to-moderate Toolbar. Swipe over any comment in the Comments list to bring up a moderation toolbar – no need to use bulk moderation or go to the comment permalink. It’s right there, and it’s fast. Another nifty change is the highlighting of new comments in the Comments list when you’ve refreshed, it makes it easy to see what’s new.
- Vastly improved performance, especially for iPad. Version 2.9.6 was the most stable version of WordPress for iOS ever, until now. Over 44 bugs and crashes were fixed in this release.
- Translations added for Chinese (Taiwan), Hungarian, and Polish (thanks for the translation help!)
You can download version 3.0 of wordpress for iOS
They have added number of contributors who were involved in this project and revealed some ideas for next:
Here’s what the rough road map looks like, find more and discussions on the dev blog.
This release is tentatively scheduled for the end of June.
- Sliding Panels are currently being implemented for iPad. This will allow for faster management and an easier overview of everything in the app – from posts and pages to comments, stats, settings, web dashboard access, and WordPress.com features.
- A slide-out iPhone/iPod Touch Menu will allow for quicker access to the things you do the most in the app, and provide a great overview.
- Post Formats is being added to the post editor so you can easily change the appearance of your published posts if your theme supports it.
- A better Welcome screen to get you started quickly with the app and learn more about what it can do.
- More iPad Stats than ever before, fully leveraging the screen space.
These are some of the features/changes we’re considering for the upcoming versions of WordPress for iOS.
- Image settings in post editor to set Title, Description, Alignment, Size, and more.
- Simple visual editor for text formatting options.
- Support for Galleries.
- Improved post/page Preview.
- Simpler access to Save Draft and other publishing settings.
- Quick Photo with “advanced” fields such as tags, categories.
- Push notifications for self-hosted blogs through Jetpack.
- Support for setting Featured Images.